Welcome to Orlando Family Dental’s dental hygiene page, where we’re committed to helping you achieve and maintain optimal oral health. Our team of experienced dental hygienists is dedicated to providing you with top-quality care and personalized treatment plans that meet your unique needs.
Regular dental hygiene appointments are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Our team will work with you to develop a customized dental hygiene plan that includes regular cleanings and checkups, as well as personalized recommendations for at-home oral care.
We use the latest dental technology and techniques to ensure that your cleaning and checkup appointments are as comfortable and efficient as possible. Our team will also take the time to answer any questions you may have about your oral health and provide you with personalized tips for improving your at-home oral care routine.
At Orlando Family Dental, we believe that prevention is key when it comes to dental health. That’s why we offer a range of preventive dental services, including fluoride treatments, dental sealants, and more, to help protect your teeth and gums from decay and other issues.
If you’re looking for a friendly and experienced dental hygiene team in Orlando, look no further than Orlando Family Dental. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and take the first step towards achieving optimal oral health.
“Most, if not all, dental conditions can be prevented through daily flossing, brushing and periodic professional dental cleanings.”
“Periodic professional cleaning is also part of the formula to fight bad breath. Cleaning done by a dental professional removes old plaque, the tartar around the teeth that serves to hold the new plaque to its rough surface.”
- “Bad Breath or Halitosis is a common affliction in millions of Americans. Bad breath can be the result of something as obvious as our choice of food or an indication of a dental condition like gum disease, tooth decay, or dry mouth, or even a medical condition somewhere else in the body. Please make sure you discuss this issue in your annual professional cleaning.
- Prophylaxis removes plaque and tartar from the teeth. This will make the gums and teeth healthier. It is not uncommon for patients to note that teeth appear slightly more sensitive after a dental cleaning. The reason for this is that plaque and tartar coat the tooth surface and shield them from substances in the mouth. It is important for one to brush and floss after every meal to prevent buildup of plaque and tartar.
- Deep Cleaning or scaling and root planing is a procedure where the roots of the teeth are meticulously cleaned. The goal of scaling and root planing is to remove plaque, tartar, bacteria and tooth root surface which has been contaminated by the continued presence of elevated levels of bacteria. The incidence of periodontal disease increases with age, however, it is not uncommon for people in their late teens or twenties to start showing signs of periodontal disease. This would be treated with scaling and root planing, and continued daily plaque removal by the patient.
- Fluoride can prevent caries in susceptible individuals. Topical fluorides can be used for children and adults. They can be applied by a variety of methods, such as mouthwashes, gels, foams, and varnishes. Make sure that you ask our staff the benefits of flouride in your particular case.
- Sealants. A recommended way to protect children teeth from decay is by having enamel sealants placed. Enamel sealants are whitish plastic coatings for the chewing surfaces of the molars where there may be tiny grooves and pits. Sealants are not substitute for proper and daily flossing and brushing. Children still need to brush and floss to prevent dental decay between the teeth and at the gum line of the crown. Fluoride treatments, either professionally delivered or at home with guidance, may also be recommended.